Configure the CNAME (Canonical Name) to allow us to use your own domain for click and open tracking. This needs to be done to improve your email deliverability and to increase the sending limit.
In a nutshell: you create an alias for your domain that makes the links in your emails point to your own domain, instead of c.prospectrck.com.
Read more about the CNAME and why it is important here.
How to configure the CNAME?
Note: to configure the CNAME you need to have access to your DNS settings and the process depends on your DNS host.
- Navigate to Settings > URL Rewriting - CNAME.
- Click Configure Tracking Domain button.
- Enter the domain you want to use in Step 1.
Usually, the format is click.[your company domain].com
- Add the tracking link from Step 2 to your DNS settings.
Note: for most DNS hosts the Host Name is "click", and the Points to is the link copied from step 2: "click-mycompany-com.prospectrck.com".
For some hosts, you will need to add a dot at the end of the Points to link.
Please, check your DNS host's documentation on CNAME.
- When the CNAME is set in the DNS settings, click Verify and Save Tracking Domain button.
If you are having trouble with this, please check in with your network administrator or contact us at email@example.com