In case you're wondering how we manage to find email addresses in the blink of an eye, here is our method. We use a combination of these two techniques:
- Collect publicly available emails online.
- Guess email addresses using algorithms.
Collect publicly available emails online
We use web crawlers that collect publicly available emails online. This can be on blog posts, comments, forums, company websites, etc.
We also extract email addresses from the source code of the page you are visiting when you use the extension.
All these email addresses are publicly available, we store them in our database before sending them to you.
Guess email addresses using algorithms
We mainly collect company patterns (ex: email@example.com) and iterate until we find an email address.
We always provide you with a confidence score which ranges from 0 to 100.
If we don't manage to find an email address, it usually means that:
- We don't have that address in our database (it wasn't publicly available online).
- We generated the email address using the company pattern but after testing it, the confident score was too low.
- We couldn't identify the the company pattern.
Finding (valid) emails can be arduous as people frequently switch jobs and companies but we're doing everything we can to continuously improve and update our system and our databases!