With the automations, you can personalize your sales funnel and create custom flows tailored to your needs. You can send cold emails, notifications, update prospects in bulk, push changes into the integrated apps, etc. All of that can be done automatically, based on the conditions you set.
- What's an automation
- Create a new automation flow
- Enrollment strategy
- Steps of the automation flow
- Automation settings
- View options
What's an automation
Automations consist of action steps (emails, notifications, tasks, integration actions, etc.) and building blocks. You can create a simple automation with emails and delays between them, or a sophisticated flow with different types of operations, delays, conditions that split the flow into different paths, and steps to push data into integrated apps.
Create a new automation flow
Open the Automations page and click + New Automation button to start.
Steps of the automation flow
To add a new step, click on a + button, and choose the needed option from the panel on the right.
The steps are divided into three groups by their functions: building blocks, Prospect.io actions, and apps actions (integrations).
These steps are used between the action steps.
- Delay - add a delay between your emails, notifications, tasks, etc.
- Conditions - split the further steps based on the conditions (e.g., send one email if the prospect clicked on a link from an email, and another one if they didn't).
- Review queue - hold prospects from the next step to manually review them.
- Outbound email - emails to your prospects.
- Send notification - emails or SMS to your colleagues.
- Slack - send a message to the connected Slack account.
- Create task - to-do items.
- Add note - internal note on the prospect's panel.
- Create deal
- Update Fields - change prospect's info, add to a new list, convert, etc.
Push prospects to the apps that you integrated.
Prospect exit automation when they passed through all steps or when they match at least one of the selected exit rules.
Default sending address
The default sending address is the sender of all emails in the automation.
Select the time zone for the automation, days of the week, and the needed time slot for sending emails. More info on the sending time settings.
Send emails as threads
If you want the emails from this automation to be sent in the same thread with the same subject (e.g., Re: Initial email), enable this option.
To use a different subject for every email in the automation, switch the toggle off.
Click + or - to zoom in or zoom out.
Click the Fit to view button to zoom out and fit the whole flow into the screen.