Without delving into too much detail, here's a few tips you can immediately start using in order to improve your campaigns.
- Make sure your email reputation is on point by teaming up with a reliable Email Service Provider.
- Avoid spam trigger words
- Only link to reputable domains and don’t use URL shorteners
- Don’t buy email lists
Read more awesome tips on how to improve your deliverability.
Number of steps and sending time
- Send between 3 and 5 emails.Less than that would make you miss out on open or replies and more than 5 can really irritate your audience and your email might end up marked as spam
- Alternate sending times, don’t send all the steps only in the mornings or at the same time. This will help you reach people with different email reading habits.
- Generally use Monday to Friday as sending days, but if your audience has a very specific profile (like journalists or management consultants) you can also try very specific days (weekends for journalists - they don’t mind getting emails, they’re always connected) or times (very late in the evening for management consultants, they work crazy hours)
Read more awesome tips on how to craft a great follow-up!
- Keep it short and to the point.
- Stay clear of buzzwords that’ll get you marked as spam.
- Avoid ALL CAPS and exclamation points!!!
More on how to write a great subject line.
- Personalize the content of the emails using at least 2-3 template variables
- Keep your communication simple and personal. Forget about B2B, now it all about H2H - human to human communication.
- If possible please use the custom fields to add very customized information about your prospects and then insert that into your campaigns - it will help increase your reply rate as people would see you’ve done some serious research work before contacting them
- Attachments don’t work with Prospect.io - they are bad for email deliverability so upload your file on a cloud storage app like Dropbox, Google Drive etc and include a link to the file.
- Don’t use more than 2-3 links and 1-2 images
- Keep emails short, avoid writing more than 2-3 paragraphs unless you really personalize the content for every prospect.
Optimizing campaigns - Split testing (A/B testing)
- If you’re starting with outbound email you need to find the right approach for your target market.
- In order to do this, you need to duplicate a campaign you created and tweak one element at the time, and then analyze the results. We would recommend you start with the subject line.
- If results are significant (>5%) on a 50-prospects sample, opt for the variable that generated the best results.
> advice campaign > advice emails > advice deliverability > guidance campaign > guidance deliverability