If you have weird symbols and letters when you export a CSV file, it is probably due to your Excel settings.
A CSV file is using UTF-8 characters.
But don’t you worry, we do have the solution! Follow the steps outlined below to use Microsoft Excel 2007 to open a .csv file that uses UTF-8 character encoding.
1. Open Microsoft Excel 2007.
2. Click on the Data menu bar option.
3. Click on the From Text icon.
4. Navigate to the location of the file that you want to import. Click on the filename and then click on the Import button. Choose the file type that best describes your data - Delimited or Fixed Width.
5. Choose « 65001: Unicode (UTF-8) » from the drop-down list that appears next to File origin.
6. Click on Load and tadaaaaam